Learn how Defencify's online guard training helps you turn your security guard jobs into a springboard to many different careers in the security...
Defencify Online Security Training in Texas: Big Boots to Fill
Texas is a big place with lots of people, cities, and events. From El Paso to Houston, Amarillo to Brownsville, there’s always something big happening like concerts, festivals, and ball games, and there’s always a need for trained security guards.
Texas is booming, too, attracting lots of major corporations and with them, lots of new people. That means new construction projects and the need for security services to protect assets, tools, structures, and businesses during and after construction.
With all this growth comes increased demand for qualified security officers, and these days, we all know good help is hard to find. That means paying more to find and retain personnel to meet growing staffing requirements.
Security guard firms in Texas need solutions that will cast a wider net for qualified candidates and make training more effective and affordable in order to hire and keep the best officers. Being a licensed Texas security officer requires training and certification. Luckily, there is a single set of licensing standards for security guards applying to all of Texas. To ensure compliance, security guard firms in Texas need Defencify.
Defencify has invested big time in developing state-approved online security officer training courseware in partnership with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) specifically to address the growing need for licensed security guards across the state.
Defencify offers a menu of state-approved courses needed for candidates to get their Texas Guard Card and begin a career as a licensed security officer in the state as quickly as possible. Our library of online, self-paced training classes can be taken anywhere, anytime, on any device, helping to attract and retain a better class of candidate.
In fact, students do not need to be a current Texas resident to take Defencify courses. That means people planning to relocate to Texas can arrive with license in hand, pre-approved to work in the state.
Texas Online Security Guard Training
Here is a summary of Defencify courseware offerings approved by the Texas DPS:
- Texas Level II Non-Commissioned License Training Course: is a four-hour course covering the basics of becoming a licensed non-commissioned (unarmed) security guard in the state of Texas. Upon completion, students will be issued a certificate as proof of education to be submitted to the Texas DPS for a Guard Card. Cost: $47.
- SECURITY OFFICER: Power to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction/Terrorism Awareness - 8 Hours: is an eight-hour course focusing on the role and responsibilities of the security officer including how to diffuse a potential event, and awareness training to identify suspicious activity. Cost: $25.
- Security Officer: Public Relations - Community and Customer Training: is a four-hour course covering how private security guards interact with the public, handle crises, and presents a code of ethics every security officer should take to heart. Cost: $25.
- Security Officer: Legal Responsibilities And Use Of Force Training - 4 Hours: is a four-hour course presenting the differences between criminal and civil law, private security guards and law enforcement officers, and when, how and the limits of their authority to use force to diffuse a situation. Cost: $25.
- Security Officer: Responding To & Documenting Critical Events Training - 4 Hours: is a four-hour course presenting the protocols of responding to a crime scene, workplace violence, or accident, the kinds of communication tools used by security personnel, as well as tips for etiquette and technique in reporting. Cost: $25.
- Security Officer: General Duties, Writing Reports, & Conducting Patrols Training: is a six-hour course broken into three lessons on the nature and scope of the private security officer, how to properly document an incident report, and patrol techniques for effective monitoring whether on foot, in a vehicle, or on a bike. Cost: $25.
- Security Officer: Professional Conduct, Ethics, & Sexual Harassment Training is a four-hour course addressing the definition of sexual harassment and how to respond and report those incidents using examples of improper behaviors. Cost: $25.
- COVID-19 In Today's Work Environment Training is a one-hour class discussing the challenges – and changes – that COVID-19 has brought to the workplace since early 2020. Highly recommended by OSHA, topics include COVID-19 symptoms, vaccines, health and safety measures, and when to return to work after exposure. Cost: $19.
All Defencify online training courses are self-paced, allowing students to proceed through the modules at the time, place, and on the device of their choosing. Built on modern eLearning principles and designed by Defencify’s experienced curriculum development team and a guaranteed to meet Texas DPS standards for security guard licensing. Interactivity is built-in through integrated gaming, exercises, and quizzes. Students can start, pause, and restart modules as needed; there’s no requirement to complete the class in one session, and students can replay lessons as necessary to reinforce concepts.
Defencify is the fastest path to security guard certification in Texas. Visit us at https://defencifytraining.com/ to learn more.