Check out this article about our own Anneke Garcia and her time on Jeopardy. We are so proud of her. She is amazing!...
Next Steps After Earning Your Minnesota Security Guard License
If you’ve received your Minnesota security guard license certification from Defencify and you’re wondering what to do next, here is a quick guide.
- Upon successful completion of Defencify’s MN security guard course, you are automatically emailed a PDF copy of your guard card certification. Defencify doesn’t offer fingerprint scanning or background checks.
- You will then need to go to a facility to obtain fingerprint scanning. Click here for a list of locations that provide fingerprint scanning in your area.
- You will also need to give your consent to undergo a background check. Download this form that you will need to submit to the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services giving your consent for a background check.
- If you haven’t received your certificate, a signed certificate of completion can be downloaded directly from the training portal by accessing the ‘My Training’ page and clicking on ‘Certificates.’
- Finally, you need to apply to be certified as a security officer with the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services. To do so, you must request a Minnesota security guard license application. To request an application packet, send a $25 check or money order payable to the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. State the type of application you are requesting (Private Detective or Protective Agent), and level (individual, partnership, or corporate/LLC).
If you have questions about the application process, see this document, contact the board office at (651) 793-2666, or send an email to email@example.com.
And if you have any questions about obtaining your guard card, finding your certification, or general questions about Defencify’s courses, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to assist you.